Tourism in Gascony
In the heart of Gascony, the Gers department, rich in country houses and castles, invites lovers of local products to discover its renowned culinary specialties, its markets and its “foires au gras” (markets dedicated to “fat” duck specialties), its traditional festivals and its very famous Armagnac vineyard.
In this Land of adventure, set off to conquer castles, abbeys, castelnaux, bastides, fortresses, charming and flowery villages. The Gers is proud of its six “Most Beautiful Villages of France” (Fourcès, Lavardens, Montréal, Larressingle, Sarrant, La Romieu), its three “Grands Sites Occitanie” (Auch, Armagnac Abbaye et Cités, Marciac), its cities and lands of Art and History (Auch, Lectoure) and its villages labeled “Blooming Towns and Villages”.
Although almost all of the 2020 festivals of France are canceled, the Gers remains a land of celebration with many annual meetings, such as :
- Welcome in Tziganie – Gypsy Music in Seissan (end of April)
- Bandas à Condom – March of brass bands (early May)
Pentecost in Vic-Fezensac with bullfightsPentecôte à Vic-Fezensac avec corridas (w-e of Pentecost)
- Eclats de Voix – Voice Festival in Auch (mid-June)
- Le Festival ROCK’N’STOCK – Preignan (1st W-E of July)
- Country Music (CIM) – Mirande (mid-July)
- Tempo Latino/Salsa à Vic-Fezensac (end of July)
- Jazz in Marciac (JIM) – Marciac (1st half of August)
- Montesquiou on the Rock’s – Vintage rock in Montesquiou (2nd half of August)
- Circa – Circus Festival in Auch (All Saints week)